This distinctive postgraduate certificate is part of the only responsible tourism management MSc in the world certified by the UNWTO.TedQual programme established by the United Nations World Tourism Organization. It is taught by staff with first-hand experience in tourism management, research and consultancy, who will share their global expertise with you.
- Explore domestic and international tourism - and understand that the principles of responsible tourism are as applicable to the Yorkshire Dales as they are to The Gambia
- Plan, implement and evaluate responsible tourism policies and practices
- Understand and manage the complex interactions between tourism stakeholders
- Identify, create and implement appropriate responses to better manage common resource use issues
You will enhance your ability to operate effectively at a strategic level within conservation organisations and in both the public and private sectors, and you will have expertise and confidence to devise , implement and manage responsible tourism programmes. Graduates have gone on to work as sustainability and product managers for tour operators and have also taken senior managerial positions in government departments and with international non-governmental organisations.
- Responsible Tourism Adviser
- Sustainable Product Manager
- Charity Development Consultant
- Sustainable Destinations Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Local Economic Development & Poverty Reduction
- Marketing Responsible Tourism
- Natural Resources & Environmental Management
- Communities, Culture & Heritage
- Ethical Tourism Business Management
- Destination Management: Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible Tourism Theory & Practice (part-time distance learners only)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Tourism & Leisure View 1744 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have at least a second class honours degree in a relevant field including Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Business, Economics, Marketing, Environmental Management, Ecology, Development, Cultural Heritage Management, Project Management or Planning.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic entry requirements will be expected to have equivalent experience and training from a relevant work environment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 778 GBP per module during 12 months.
EU/EEA778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 778 GBP per module during 12 months.
£778 for each 20 credit point module
Short option: UK/EU: £2,335 per year/ INT: £4,670 per year
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.