You will explore domestic and international tourism and you will understand that the principles of responsible tourism are as applicable to the Yorkshire Dales as they are to The Gambia. In addition to developing your subject knowledge, you will learn how to plan, implement and evaluate responsible tourism policies and practices.
This is the only responsible Responsible Tourism Management course from Leeds Beckett University in the world certified by the UNWTO.TedQual programme established by the United Nations World Tourism Organization. It is taught by staff with first-hand experience in tourism management, research and consultancy, who will share their global expertise with you.
You will enhance your ability to operate effectively at a strategic level within conservation organisations and in both the public and private sectors, and you will have expertise and confidence to devise , implement and manage responsible tourism programmes. Graduates have gone on to work as sustainability and product managers for tour operators and have also taken senior managerial positions in government departments and with international non-governmental organisations.
- Responsible Tourism Adviser
- Sustainable Product Manager
- Charity Development Consultant
- Sustainable Destinations Manager
- Tourism for Local Economic Development & Poverty Reduction
- Natural Resource & Environmental Management
- Communities, Culture & Heritage
- Marketing Responsible Tourism
- Tourism Destination Management: Planning & Policy
- Online Marketing - Strategies & Tools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Tourism & Leisure View 1346 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have at least a second class honours degree in a relevant field including Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Business, Economics, Marketing, Environmental Management, Ecology, Development, Cultural Heritage Management, Project Management or Planning.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic entry requirements will be expected to have equivalent experience and training from a relevant work environment.
International778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 778 GBP per module and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 778 GBP per module and a duration of 12 months.
£778.40 for each 20 credit point module
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.