All modules in the Specialist Physiotherapy Practice programme from Sheffield Hallam University focus on elements of clinical practice, and we encourage you to apply your learning to the setting in which you work or wish to specialise. Assessments are designed to replicate challenges you may face within the workplace. You learn from enthusiastic tutors who are experienced physiotherapists.
- Increased clinical skills and critical evaluation of practice lend themselves to clinical leadership roles. Upon graduation you will be able to work more independently, developing independent private practices or moving into advanced or extended scope roles. Some graduates pursue research or teaching careers in the UK or internationally, many going onto PhD study.
- Students who join the course without HCPC registration may apply for this, to gain work experience in the UK during and after the course. Automatic registration is not guaranteed on completion of the course, however, the learning opportunities provided align to the HCPC standards.
- Evidence Based Reasoning In Physiotherapy
- Researching For Practice (Taught)
- Therapeutic Exercise And Physical Activity
- Advancing Practice In Neurological Therapy
- Contemporary Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Leading People And Teams
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 1776 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants will hold a degree / diploma / equivalent qualification in Physiotherapy, typically of 2.1 or above.
- Applicants must be qualified to practice physiotherapy in their country of origin and are usually required to provide one reference of their capability for postgraduate study. Post-qualification clinical physiotherapy experience is welcomed, it is not essential.
- If English is not your first language you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill area.
International11036 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16555 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
National5830 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8745 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.