We will develop your knowledge of how different organisations use varying levels of safety procedures and you will assess their impact on the whole company.
By investigating an organisation as a whole, you'll gain a broad knowledge of other departments such as marketing, sales and human resources, and how they are affected by the procedures and processes you implement. You'll also enhance your understanding of the technical and human aspects of health and safety, such as identifying whether issues were caused by machine malfunctions or misjudgement by humans.
The Health and Safety course from Leeds Beckett University also offers you the chance to look at past and present case studies to understand any errors made, what caused the mistakes and the preventative measures that should be put in place. These could range from dealing with harmful substances within a chemical facility, exposed wires and trip hazards in a busy office, to safety measures for maintenance work on rail tracks.
You will have the extensive health and safety grounding required for industries such as the public sector, healthcare, transport and logistics. You will also enhance your knowledge of the latest health and safety practices in your current job, be able to identify the risks that come with particular job roles, create health and safety training programmes and put safety measures in place for a host of companies and industries at home and abroad.
- Health and Safety Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Risk Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health & Safety Practice
- Occupational Health & Wellbeing
- Professional Practice & Development
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Sensible Risk Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1966 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 9 months.
National5333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5333 GBP per year during 9 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.