The topics include Smart Cities, Internet of things, 5th generation of mobile communications, sensor networks, optical communications in the cloud, network management, massive data processing (Big Data) and signal processing, software-defined networking and radio (SDR and SDN), smart objects, network security, business models and management in the ICT sector. The master has mobility agreements with more than 30 European universities as well as internship agreements with more than 100 companies in the telecommunications sector.
This Applied Telecommunications and Engineering Management (MASTEAM) programme is offered by Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Graduates of an official bachelor’s degree (240 ECTS credits) and this master’s degree may seek admission to a doctoral programme in telecommunications engineering or other ICT-related fields.
Graduates of this master’s degree will be experts in designing, developing and managing telecommunications projects. They may also work in the creation of innovative products, systems and procedures in accordance with regulations and environmental guidelines. They will also be able to pursue advanced research careers in international R&D divisions.
Graduates of this master’s degree may work in the following industries:
- Network operators
- Providers of added-value telecommunications services
- Smart cities, Internet of Things
- Data centres
- Big data
- Companies in sectors that are currently being transformed by ICTs (automotive, audiovisual, food, logistics, energy, finance, etc.)
- Mobile applications
- Aeronautics and aerospace
- Research, development and innovation
- Public administration
- Digital entertainment
- Technical consulting
- Business consulting
- Electronic components
- Telecommunications regulators
- Computer science
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.Generic competencies
- To manage and plan, at technical and management levels, ICT-based developments, research projects and innovations.
- To plan, design, develop and manage technologically feasible telecommunications projects and applications based on the need to create or update a product or process in accordance with regulatory, environmental and economic guidelines.
- To prepare or evaluate a feasibility plan for the development of a product or service for a company.
- To be familiar with trends in the telecommunications market, laws and guidelines set by various organisations, existing standards and recommendations, and current ICT trends and their impact on social, economic and cultural development.
- To carry out advanced research in telecommunications in the R&D departments of companies, research centres and universities.
- To direct and lead research groups.
- To design, implement and evaluate 5G and next-generation mobile communications networks.
- To design, implement and evaluate high-density heterogeneous networks using virtualisation techniques in the access network.
- To design, implement and evaluate cooperative mobile networks (Internet of Things) for various types of terminals (vehicles, home automation components, infrastructure, body sensors, etc.).
- To analyse, model and design large-scale communications networks.
- To solve optimisation problems in the field of communications networks.
- To design and implement wireless sensor networks for any application.
- To define the elements that characterise a business model for innovative ICT-based products.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Image Processing
- Augmented Reality & Smart Objects
- Body Sensor Nodes
- Creativity and Engineering
- Ict-Based Entrepreneurship
- Network Engineering
- Next Generation Wireless Communications and lot
- Next-Generation Optical Network Infrastructures for Future Cloud-Based Services
- Optimization for Applied Engineering Design
- Project on Ict-Based Business Models
- Sensors and Interfaces
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Computer Sciences View 104 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- All applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Suitability of the student’s prior qualifications and learning in relation to the content of the master’s degree.
- Academic record.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter and two letters of recommendation.
- Certificate of English language skills at a level above B2.
International4901 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4901 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3267 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3267 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.