The MSc in Human Biology focuses offered by the University of Copenhagen on the study of the biological processes affecting human beings. The broad study of human biology combined with substantial research and experimentation work gives students a unique set of biomedical and research skills.
Graduates of the programme will be able to conduct independent research, as well as to evaluate and consult on complex problems relating to human health.
The MSc in Human Biology offered by University of Copenhagen focuses on integrated and mechanism oriented pathophysiology and pharmacology in order to give the students a comprehensive and intuitive understanding of the human organism in health and disease.
With a degree in Human Biology you are prepared for a wide range of careers within research, development and consulting and it is an excellent foundation for further PhD research. More than 50% of Human Biology candidates continue onto a PhD.
Graduates have found both public and private sector employment, in e.g. the biomedical industry, the environment sector, large biotechnology companies, food technology firms as well as research centers, hospitals and academic institutions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Immnulogy and General Microbiology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Human Medicine View 7 other Masters in Biomedicine in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the master’s degree programme in Human Biology requires as a minimum successful completion of a qualifying and recognised university degree equivalent in level and content to a Danish bachelor’s degree.
- If you have completed a bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s programme you are eligible to apply for admission to the master’s degree programme in Human Biology.
International16808 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8404 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- DKK 62,500 are paid in 4 rates (one each semester) throughout the two-year MSc programme (for international students).
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.