The content of the modular MBA in International Health Management programme from University of Basel goes beyond classical MBA programmes in health care, as it maintains a global perspective and interdisciplinary approach throughout, with a strong focus on meso- and macro-level leadership positions.
The programme is modular and consists of 10 modules of 6 ECTS Credit Points (CP) each, one module with 10 ECTS CP and a master thesis 20 ECTS CP worth. To obtain the MBA degree 90 ECTS CP have to be accumulated over a period of maximum 5 years. Students who accumulate at least 48 ECTS CP will get a DAS in International Health Management, with the accumulation of 24 ECTS CP a CAS can be obtained.Each module has three components: a four-week distance-based preparation phase, a one week on-campus tuition phase and a phase of eight weeks after the on-campus tuition in which assignments have to be elaborated and to prepare for the written exams. The total workload for a 6 ECTS CP module will be 180 hours Student Investment Time (SIT).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Marketing and Communication
- Organisational Behaviour and Transformational Management
- Health Economics and Health Financing
- Financial Budgeting, Accounting and Reporting
- Foundations of International Health Management
Swiss TPH’s MBA in International Health Management caters to all those involved in development cooperation, managing programmes and projects to support countries with resources constraints, or who aspire to such a position. It targets professionals who need strong business management expertise and a sound education in public health.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- We accept applications for the programme and Short Courses throughout the year. Please refer to our website for course-specific application deadlines.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 88 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MBA and Short Course applicants must have a first professional qualification (e.g. Bachelor degree) and at least 2 years of professional experience.
- They should submit a completed online application form with the following materials:
- Professional degree(s)/diploma(s)
- Curriculum Vitae
- One-page motivation letter (MBA applicants only)
- Proof of English language skills (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced Certificate, written proof of higher education in English)
- One photograph (passport-size) In exceptional and justifiable cases, applicants can be admitted with evidence of an adequate career history and/or technical qualification.
International14250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National14250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Costs for the full programme are in total CHF 31,500.
Living costs for Basel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.