The Master's programme in Medical Research at Uppsala University provides you with a theoretical base, practical experience of two research projects, a broad and deep insight of current biomedical research and a valuable network of contacts with researchers.
Medical research ultimately aims to find and develop diagnostics, treatments and cures for human disease. The biology of most common diseases - cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular to name a few - is complex and therefore difficult to decipher in humans.
In this programme, you focus on learning and applying the latest experimental designs, molecular biological techniques and data analysis methods for revealing the biology of complex diseases to facilitate clinical research in humans.
You as a participant of the Master's Programme in Medical Research will most likely continue with PhD studies at preclinical or clinical laboratories, alternatively with research in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. However, the programme also provides excellent opportunities for you to work in other sectors such as in governmental agencies, journalism or the educational sector.
The strong focus on critical thinking, verbal and written communication, within and outside scientific context, will give you a broad basis to master different tasks.
- Comparative genomics for biomedicine
- Biomedical research methodology
- Cellular communication
- Cell and tumour biology
- Advanced Research Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Biotechnology View 17 other Masters in Biotechnology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be within the life sciences.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose (1 page).
International13813 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27627 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72,500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.