The Medicines Development program from University of Basel emphasizes integrated drug development, which is science-based, innovative, efficient and of high quality – leading to better and safer medical products for patients.
The ECPM belongs to the Department of Public Health of the Medical Faculty at the University of Basel and is accredited as “Centre of Excellence” by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) PharmaTrain Executive Board.
All ECPM courses are accredited by IMI PharmaTrain and the International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians (IFAPP) by following the agreed syllabus and quality assurance, and are certified by the University of Basel within the Bologna Title System.
Course structureThe program is structured in modules, which allows it to be completed next to working full- or part-time. Students can enroll in both the ECPM course and the master program.
- In total, the Master of Advanced Studies requires a minimum of 60 ECTS.
- 30 ECTS will be accredited by successfully completing the two-year ECPM Diploma Course - a well-established postgraduate education and training program - and acquiring the Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS).
- 20 ECTS will be accredited for completing the master modules selected from the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) short courses list. These can be chosen by preference either from the ECPM CPD short course program, from other course providers or partner universities which offer training relevant to drug development sciences and the IMI PharmaTrain syllabus.
- The remaining 10 ECTS will be accredited for writing and submitting a master thesis.
Programme StructureModules include:
- Global Drug Development and Pharmaceutical Business Environment
- From Non-Clinical Testing to First-in-Human
- Planning, Collecting and Managing Clinical Data
- Clinical and Safety Data Evaluation and Biostatistics
- Global Registration and Approval Process
- Integrated Product Development, Healthcare Marketplace and Marketing
The ECPM Advanced Studies degrees are targeted at representatives from the pharmaceutical industry, service industry, academic and government decision- and policy-makers who already have a good understanding of the basics of drug development and will benefit from a more in-depth, comprehensive and systematic immersion into modern medical product and device development, regulation and market introduction.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
After starting the ECPM Diploma Course you can register for the Master degree at any time. Next registration deadline for the ECPM Diploma Course: June 30, 2021
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Pharmacy View 5 other Masters in Pharmacy in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to enroll in the ECPM Diploma Course and pursue the Master of Advanced Studies, applicants must have a higher university degree, such as a Master’s, MD, PharmD or PhD. Applicants should have a primary interest in medical product discovery, development, regulation and health care system. The program is particularly aimed at professionals who are involved in the drug development process and have already at least one to two years working experience. Applications sur dossier are possible on an individual basis.
International22619 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22619 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National22619 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22619 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- about 25'000 CHF depending on choice of modules
Living costs for Basel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.