- The Publishing course at Kingston University will help develop your skills and prepare you for a career in the publishing industry, whether as publisher, agent or supplier. The competencies acquired through this course have an increasingly wide transferrable value within the international economy as a whole.
- You will undertake a work placement with a relevant organisation, many of which have resulted in our students gaining references and employment opportunities within the industry.
What will you study?
You will learn everything you need to know about the publishing industry, from its structure, the production processes involved, including commissioning titles, editing copy and branding issues, to how to market the title and ensure dissemination. You will attend masterclasses by leading publishers and publishing professionals to keep you up to date with industry developments. You will also develop and demonstrate your analytical skills and competence through discussions, assignments and the culminating dissertation or practical project.
What our graduates say
Once you graduate from Kingston, you'll be part of a professional community of publishers, who keep in touch by meeting in person, or through our active social networks.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Create: The Business of Publishing
- Do: Work Placements, Networking and Career Planning
- Make: Content Development and Production
- Practical Publishing Project
- Publishing Dissertation
- Share: Strategic Marketing and Sales
- Writers' Workshop
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- applicants who require a visa - the first week of August
- all other applicants - the first week of September
- we may still accept applications after this dates
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Journalism View 130 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
- A second class degree or above or equivalent and/or demonstrable enthusiasm for publishing.
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- MA part time £5,500
- MA part time £9,130
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.