You’ll develop an understanding of aquatic animal biology, environmental issues, nutrition, reproduction and genetics, disease and health management.
With practical application at the core of your studies, you can choose to focus on specific aspects of sustainable aquaculture, including:
- advanced broodstock management
- aquaculture policy and planning
- livelihood analysis
- environmental management and biodiversity
- feed formulation and resources
- aquatic animal health control
You can also explore the commercial business of sustainable aquaculture, with optional modules covering marketing, business studies and economics.
You’ll learn the skills necessary to establish, manage and appraise aquaculture enterprises and development projects from within the industry or public sector.
The Sustainable Aquaculture programme at the University of Stirling is highly modular, and has been designed to offer considerable flexibility for learning while maintaining a high standard of training.
This structure lets you make more subject choices which will benefit your future career.
The comprehensive nature of the course and our close links with UK and overseas industry allows good potential for employment in any aspect of commercial aquaculture.
The course is also an excellent grounding for research and further education, often building on the dissertation, and about 30 percent of graduates choose this route.
Links with government departments throughout the world allow many of our graduates to establish careers in aquaculture development and aquaculture management in developing countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- There are two compulsory modules taken consecutively, which give a broad introduction to aquaculture science and practice.
- The first focuses on aquaculture species, systems and environments and their interaction whilst the second considers aquaculture as a commercial activity, its governance and insights into aquaculture in practice.
- Successful completion of the foundation modules plus one advanced module will qualify you for a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Aquaculture.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Aquaculture & Fisheries Genetics View 271 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a second class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22825 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.