The Technical Physics Programme from LUT University focuses on properties of condensed matter, including semiconductors, superconductors, functional magnetic materials, and nanostructures which are vital for technological applications in today's world.
The programme is designed for students with a Bachelor's degree in science with a good background in mathematics and physics.
With a degree in technical physics, you will have an excellent starting point for a career in scientific research, engineering, business, finance and IT.
After graduation, you can find placement in e.g. the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland or join health care or technology companies and startups.
Other jobs possibilities for technical physics graduates include finance or venture capital related to high-technology industries.
You can also start an academic career at the LUT Doctoral School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core studies courses include microelectronics, optoelectronics, semiconductor and superconductor physics, advanced material science, nanophysics, applied optics and semiconductor devices.
- Advanced specialisation studies focus on material physics, nanophysics, applied optics, microelectronics and optoelectronics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021 − 31 May 2022.
- The next regular admission is 1 December 2021 − 19 January 2022.
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 18 other Masters in Physics in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University - All countries
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences - EU/EEA countries
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.