On this Human Resource Management degree course at University of Portsmouth , you'll develop your existing HR skills and knowledge, and grow your leadership and management skills too. You'll put the theory you learn into practice, and when you graduate, you'll have met the requirements for CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7.
What's more, your MSc or PgDip can help you move up the ladder in your current workplace, and open doors to exciting new roles elsewhere. And you'll have transferable skills too, so you can explore careers in recruitment or business development.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Get to grips with the key themes in HR management, covering leadership and management skills, talent management, and employment relationships
- Complete a work placement in an HR environment, where you'll get valuable experience and put theory into practice
- Learn though lectures, case studies, group work and skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR-based activities
- Benefit from our flexible approach to learning, with web, email and phone access to many of our facilities
- Engage with HRM specialists and legal professionals
Careers and opportunities
We're an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), so you'll graduate from this course with an approved qualification which meets the requirements of the CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7. You'll also be eligible for Associate membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you could meet the criteria for Chartered Membership.
You'll also have strong people management and HR-specific skills, you'll be able to reflect on your practice, and be ready to make an active contribution to business performance.
Career opportunities include:
- Business development and consultancy
- Human resources
- Benefits analyst
- Human resource officer
- Human resource systems manager
- Personnel adviser
- Recruitment consultant
- Training and development coordinator
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Resources in Context
- Issues and Debates in International HRM
- Leading Managing and Developing People
- Managing Employment Relations
- Organisational Learning and Development
- Research Skills for the HR Professional
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- The HR Practitioner
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Resource Management View 249 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A second class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and seeking to pursue/continue an HR career.
- Applicants with Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or Level 5 and/or candidates with appropriate work experience will also be considered. Applicants are subject to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15100 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.