On this Human Resource Management degree course at University of Portsmouth , You'll develop your existing HR skills and knowledge, and grow your leadership and management skills. You'll put the theory you learn into practice, and when you graduate, you'll have met the requirements for CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7.
What's more, your MSc can help you move up the ladder in your current workplace, and open doors to exciting new roles elsewhere. And you'll have transferrable skills too, so you can explore careers in recruitment or business development.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Get to grips with the key themes in HR management, covering leadership and management skills, talent management, and employment relationships
- Have the opportunity to undertake a work placement in an HR environment, where you'll get valuable experience and put theory into practice
- Learn through lectures, case studies, group work and skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR-based activities
- Benefit from our flexible approach to learning, with web, email and phone access to many of our facilities
- Engage with HRM specialists and legal professionals
As well as support by faculty teaching staff and your personal tutor, you can use the University’s Academic Skills Unit (ASK).
ASK provides one-to-one support in areas such as:
- academic writing
- note taking
- time management
- critical thinking
- presentation skills
- working in groups
- revision, memory and exam techniques
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Resources in Context
- Issues and Debates in International HRM
- Leading Managing and Developing People
- Managing Employment Relations
- Organisational Learning and Development
- Research Skills for the HR Professional
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- The HR Practitioner
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Resource Management View 266 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and seeking to pursue/continue an HR career.
- Applicants with Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or Level 5 and/or candidates with appropriate work experience will also be considered. Applicants are subject to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.