On this Human Resource Development (Top-up) from University of Portsmouth you'll hone you HR knowledge and abilities through a 3 day intensive learning block, before completing a dissertation proposal and dissertation on a related subject of your choosing. You'll get support from a supervisor during your studies too – via Skype, telephone calls and face-to-face meetings where possible.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Take part in a research skills development workshop, where you will develop the skills necessary to complete the dissertation
- Work through pre-course reading and proposal development activities, further deepening your knowledge of the field
- Tap in to our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection
Careers and opportunities
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry..
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- business development and consultancy
- human resources
Other graduates have set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core units include:
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Resource Management View 771 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Advanced Level 7 Qualification either through the completion of a Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or Personnel Management or the level 7 qualification at a CIPD accredited centre. If a Pg Diploma was gained more than 5 years previously, Chartered Fellows and Chartered Members of the CIPD may be eligible to apply through a specific RPL route.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.