On this course, you'll unpack the three major themes in finance: investments, corporate finance, and financial markets and institutions. You'll focus on financial investments, get your hands on our Bloomberg Suite and learn from experts in the industry.
When you graduate, you'll have the analytical tools you need to understand the complexities of modern financial markets – so you'll be ready to pursue a career as a city professional, or as a financial manager in a non-financial organisation.
On this Finance course at University of Portsmouth , you'll:
- Be supported by academically qualified staff with research and consultancy experience, as well as links to industry
- Learn from guest speakers, including experts in the field of finance
- Access our extensive financial databases including Bloomberg, DataStream and Bank Scope
- Train on our Bloomberg terminals, making virtual trades and analysing market data
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Carry out independent research in the form of a dissertation on your chosen speciality
In addition you will complete Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) training in our Bloomberg Lab. BMC certification is an essential qualification for City professionals and is central to our aim of making you employment ready.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioural Finance
- Corporate Finance: Technical Foundations
- Derivatives: Forwards, Futures and Swaps Markets
- Derivatives: Options Market
- Econometric Modelling
- Financial Econometrics
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Valuation
- Personal Tutoring for Economics and Finance Postgraduate Programmes
- Portfolio Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 844 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant or related subject, which includes some element of statistics or quantitative methods, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.