The Master in Bioengineering and Nanosystems from Instituto Superior Técnico involves Faculty and Researchers belonging to three Associate Laboratories with IST leadership:IBB-Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, IN-Institute of Nanotechnology (INESC-Microsistemas e Nanotecnologias) andINESC-ID. The students will have the opportunity and will be encouraged to participate in on-going research projects in these three Associated Laboratories.
This Master programme is integrated in the IST priority areas of Bioengineering and Nanotechnologies. This degree course aims at offering advanced education in Bioengineering and Nanosystems with a strong background in the fundamental principles and methods of engineering and nanotechnologies and its integration with molecular and cell biology.
Its graduates will have an expertise unique in Portugal, with simultaneously broad and deep knowledge at the convergence of the Nano-Bio- and Informatics Technologies and will contribute to the innovation and development of the advanced fields of biology, bioengineering, nansciences, and nanotechnologies in the XXI century.Prospective Masters will have the competences to work in industry or to follow doctoral studies in these fields.
The Master's Program in BIOENGENHARIA and NANOSYSTEMS aims at offering its students with a formation, both deep and broad, in these strongly interdisciplinary fields, at the interface between Life Sciences and Engineering, at a 2 ndcycle level of university studies.
The Master course integrates the fundamental aspects and the engineering applications in the research and development and industrial production in the biotechnology, informatics, electronics and materials sectors. The Master course offers education and training aiming at the design, production, analysis and application of new cell lines, new molecules, new devices and new systems of therapeutic (molecular and cellular therapies), as well as a hands-on education in cleanroom micro and nanofabrication techniques)..
The Master in Bioengineering and Nanosystems offers a broad education with a strong experimental emphasis in Biotechnology and Micro and Nanotechnologies. This is a unique offer in Portugal and prepares professionals for exciting industrial and for advanced (third cycle) studies in these emerging fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Biomolecular and Cellular Engineering
- Circuits Theory and Electronic Fundamentals
- Bioprocess Engineering Principles
- Laboratories in Bioengineering and Nanosystems
- Micro and Nanofabrication Techniques
- Surfaces, Interfaces and Colloids
- Electromagnetic Properties of Materials
- Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Nanotechnologies and Nanoelectronics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Molecular Sciences View 7 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You may apply for a Master’s or an integrated master’s (2nd study cycle) under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.