You will focus on the rapidly evolving context of international development. You will explore the implication for NGOs of the trends shaping the sector.
How is the role of civil society changing? What will be the impact of altering aid flows, increased funding for humanitarian and security work and shifting North-South relations? How are new digital technologies affecting the way NGOs work? What are the implications of the moves to greater collaboration and the increasing influence of the private sector in the development process?
Academically rigorous and practically applied, the NGO Management course at City, University of London - Cass Business School is designed to help you develop a senior management career in international development, become a board member of an international NGO board, or work in a foundation funding work internationally.
Experience of past students is that by completing the course increases their employability in the sector, and gives them greater flexibility as to career options. Past students have come from NGOs of all sizes, as well as foundations, business and the public sector.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Learning and Understanding the Voluntary Sector
- Strategy, Diversity and Governance
- Marketing and Fundraising
- People Management in the Voluntary Sector
- Charity Accounting and Finance
- NGO Management
- Managing NGOs: People and Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1359 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
All students will be highly motivated graduate-level people who bring a wide range of professional competencies, skills and experience from a wide range of backgrounds.
- In general we ask for a good first degree, normally an upper second-class honours degree from a British University or an equivalent qualification from a leading overseas institution; and three or more year’s relevant experience at a senior level.
- In exceptional cases we will also accept those without a degree but with significant work experience. Provided you have more than three years relevant experience, two professional references are acceptable.
International10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.