Research within the Chemistry department at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Chemistry, being the “central science”, brings us the possibility to study our world from every perspective. Research in the Department of Chemistry at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev encompasses a large spectrum of chemical disciplines, from the traditional areas of Organic, Inorganic, Bio and Physical Chemistry to the cutting-edge fields of Nanoscience, Material, Systems and Computational/Theoretical Chemistry. This multidisciplinary approach lets us tackle a wide range of central projects and 21st century challenges. This includes pharmaceutical applications, clean energy and green chemistry technologies, virtual design and understanding of chemical structures, catalytic systems, or biophysics of macro and micro systems, to name a few.
The output and impact of the research in our department is rising steadily, a fact proved by the broad array of papers published in high-impact scientific journals. Department faculty members have also received a variety of prestigious awards and successfully obtained funding from many of the major Israeli and international funding agencies.
The department provides ample possibilities of research for graduate students (M.Sc. and Ph.D.), but even advanced undergraduates can enjoy the possibility to do real chemical research through projects carried out in our laboratories. Our strong commitment to excellence in research provides exceptional resources for future career developments in chemical industries as well as in high-tech and start-up ventures, especially in Beer-Sheva and its rapidly growing chemical companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research areas include:
- pharmaceutical applications
- clean energy and green chemistry technologies
- virtual design and understanding of chemical structures
- catalytic systems
- biophysics of macro and micro systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We advise all applicants to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 7 other Masters in Biochemistry in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- International applicants for master's and doctoral degrees are required to hold a B.Sc. degree in one of the following disciplines: Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmacology and related sciences, from an internationally accredited institution at a minimum GPA of 80/100 (according to the Israeli grading system).
- A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
- Prior to applying to the M.Sc. program, the international applicant is advised to contact a potential advisor from the Department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5325 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5325 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.