The Innovation and Research in Informatics (MIRI) programme at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, is designed to provide a solid background in different aspects of research in the fields of advanced computing, computer graphics and virtual reality, computer networks and distributed systems, high-performance computing and service engineering.
Graduates of the MIRI will have the ability to analyse and solve complex problems in information technology-related domains. They will thus be qualified to work in any company willing to incorporate emerging technologies in the sector, especially those with R&D centres, in public and private research centres and in university departments, in which they might work on new research and start a doctoral degree.Competencies
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.
- Specialisation in Advanced Computing
- Specialisation in Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality
- Specialisation in Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Specialisation in Data Mining and Business Intelligence
- Specialisation in Data Science
- Specialisation in High Performance Computing
- Specialisation in Service Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Innovation Management View 22 other Masters in Innovation Management in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
International4150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5533 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scolarships and financial aids for this master program are:
Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS) is offering 4 scholarship grants for MSc students on the Master in Innovation and Research in Informatics Program in FIB, UPC for the High Performance Computing specialization.
BSC-CNS is a prestigious research center and a leader at national and european level in various scientific fields. It is a holder of the Severo Ochoa Award in Research, and a PRACE Advanced Training Centre in HPC, as well as being the leading center in the Spanish Supercomputing Network (RES).
The duration of each scholarship is for the 2 academic years of the program starting September 2013.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join research groups with top-level scientists and will carry out their MSc thesis research in cutting-edge areas of Supercomputing, HPC or the application areas of Life Sciences, Earth Sciences and Computer Applications in Science and Engineering.
- 2 scholarships contributing to fees: 3200 euros/per annum each
- 1 scholarship contributing to fees / accommodation: 6000 euros/per annum
- 1 scholarship for international (non EU) citizen: 12000 euros/per annum
Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera scholarships
The Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera has announced the inclusion of the Master in Innovation and Research in Informatics in its programme of Scholarships for Excellence Masters for the 2013-2014 edition.
This programme grants scholarships covering the tuition fees expenses, as well as some pocket money for the students. The conditions to opt for one of those scholarships will be published during June and July.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.