Human activities in form of resource utilization, energy generation, construction of settlements and infrastructure and transportation are connected to the environment with a vast variety of complex mechanisms. Natural phenomena on the other hand can result to dangers for human activities and human life.
The Environmental Engineering studies from Technical University of Munich address this complex field. Environmental engineers are able to understand, model and predict the outcome of these mechanisms of action. Based on this knowledge they develop and apply strategies and technologies for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable interaction between the natural and the technical environment.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- Public administrations
- Engineering companies
Programme StructureThe fields of study in the master's programme are:
- Urban Water Engineering
- Water Resources Management
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Hydrogeology, Groundwater, Geothermal Energy
- Modelling and Measurement of Flow and Transport
- Resource Efficiency in Urban Planning
- Environmental Geotechnics
- Environmental Hazards and Risk
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning
- Transportation Engineering and Control
- Water-Food-Energy Nexus
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 125 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.