The Forest Information Technology study programme from Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development qualifies for an occupational activity in the application range of information technologies (IT) in practice and research of the forest and environmental sector. Students will be enabled to detect relevant IT application areas and to plan and to technologically promote corresponding innovation processes.
Students learn to solve complex problems based on a deepened and extended understanding of structures, processes and relationships within ecosystems, landscapes as well as within the sphere of forestry and based on a broad spectrum of scientific methods and tools for the collection, analysis, storage, visualization and communication of environmental data. Students are especially enabled to creatively apply and to adapt forestry and environment related software, to open up new application areas and to develop new application software.
In this course of studies, specialists are to be trained who are able to make accessible the steadily increasing possibilities of modern information technologies in order to solve problems of the forest ecosystem research and silvicultural practice. Through the targeted methodical course content, work opportunities in the entire field of the environment are open for the graduates. This will especially be achieved by providing scientific methods and tools required for collecting, processing and communicating environmental data with emphasis on forest ecosystems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Semester 1 will take place at the Eberswalde University of Applied Sciences and is characterised by impartation of basic knowledge of environmental information technologies.
- The 2nd semester will take place at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, focuses on the impartation of continuative knowledge of environmental information technologies including specific silvicultural contents.
- Independent research project during the 3rd semester (stay at the particular university or partner institution in Germany, Poland and abroad); range of elective courses (in Eberswalde in parts together with the course of studies M.Sc. Global Change Management).
- Master thesis during the 4th semester; range of elective courses (in Eberswalde in parts together with the course of studies M.Sc. Global Change Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Forestry View 57 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The offered Master programme is open to applicants worldwide who satisfy the admission criteria. The programme is a consecutive programme to the Bachelor/Diploma study programmes "International Forest Ecosystem Management" and “Forestry” of University of Applied Sciences of Eberswalde (UASE) and a consecutive programme to the study programme "Forest Engineer" of Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS).
- Applicants should have a sound education in natural sciences. Applicants with a 3-year or 4-year Bachelor / Engineer Degree depending on the country of origin or comparable degree
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eberswalde
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.