Why study MSc Applied Psychology at Middlesex University?
Designed with an emphasis on qualitative and quantitative research, this course equips you with a sound understanding of the theoretical and practical issues in applied psychology. Based at our Hendon Campus in London, you will benefit from the experience of our dedicated and enthusiastic staff. You will gain access to some of the pioneering psychology facilities for teaching and research in the UK.
This programme is ideally suited to those who may wish to extend their research interests to doctoral level or who work in local and central government agencies around the world. It can also be a stepping-stone for developing an interest in professional practice following further related studies. The course has a step-off point at Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate and covers Neuropsychology, Health, Business and Counselling, and Psychotherapy.
- We have excellent employment results: over 90% of our psychology graduates are employed within six months of completing their degree.
- Our psychology teaching and research facilities are unrivalled. They include fully equipped lecture theatres and tutorial spaces; a pychophysiology laboratory; social observation laboratories; a video editing suite; a virtual reality laboratory; auditory cognition laboratory; and testing cubicles.
- You will benefit from the expertise of our teaching staff who are leading researchers in health psychology, forensic psychology, and qualitative research.
- As a student of this course, you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
There are strong employment prospects for Psychology graduates and salaries in this field are excellent. The range of professional skills that psychology graduates develop ensures that they are highly valued across the economy.
This programme is ideally suited to those who may intend to practice outside the UK or who may extend their research interests to doctoral level or work in local and central government agencies across Europe. After completion of the Masters programme, students may work in health services, public health organisations, and academia.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Neuropsychology in Education
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Applied Psychology
- Research Methods in Applied Psychology
- Research: Practice and Reporting
- Research & Issues in Applied Psychology
- Applied Psychometrics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place .
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 126 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 class honours degree, or higher, in an appropriate subject.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time per taught credit: £77
- Part-time per taught credit: £108
We don't want you to be discouraged from university study due to financial reasons so we offer scholarships, awards and bursaries. They aren't like a loan because you don't need to pay them back.
We award them for different reasons based on your personal circumstances, such as academic achievement. You can use the money to reduce your tuition fees or to assist with expenses.
You could be entitled for a loan from Student Finance of up to £10,906 for taught and research master's courses. This is a non means-tested loan to help cover your fees, other course costs and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.