Why study MSc Psychology Conversion course at Middlesex University ?
This conversion course is for graduates intending to pursue a career in psychology who wish to acquire the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society. You may have a degree in another subject but wish to either change career or pursue your interest in psychology in more depth. Students are introduced to the broad range of theoretical and methodological approaches to psychology and are encouraged to develop a critical approach to studies, evaluating theory and evidence accordingly.
By the end of this course, you will be able to perform quantitative and qualitative data analyses and use statistical software to analyse complex data. You will design, implement, analyse and communicate independent and group project work to an advanced level culminating in a dissertation on an agreed topic. You will also be able to design and run experiments and use psycho-physiological equipment to gather and interpret data. You will have gained knowledge in the core areas in psychology and be able to apply research skills across domains.
- We have excellent employment results with over 90% of our psychology graduates are employed within six months of completing their degree
- This course complies with the QAA benchmarks and is accredited with the BPS for eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC)
- The psychology teaching and research facilities are unrivalled. They include fully equipped lecture theatres and tutorial spaces, a psychophysiology laboratory, social observation laboratories, an auditory cognition laboratory, and testing cubicles
- The academics are regularly and widely published, and 95% of our research is internationally recognised.
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
There are strong employment prospects for Psychology graduates and salaries in this field are excellent. The range of professional skills that psychology graduates develop ensures that they are highly valued across the economy.
Graduates from this programme will have the opportunity to develop the skills of data research, critical analysis, oral, written and visual communication, reasoned debate, understanding theoretical concepts, and policy analysis. These are highly transferrable and are valued by employers across all sectors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research: Practice and Reporting
- Brain, Body and Mind
- Research and Issues in Applied Psychology
- Advanced Research Methods
- Social, Personality and Individual Differences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesPsychology View 718 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- We generally consider applicants with an upper second class degree (2:1). However, applicants who have a lower second class degree (2:2) with high module grades may be considered.
- We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications equivalent to an honours degree
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time per taught credit: £61
- Part-time per taught credit: £93
- The Alumni Bursary
- Arts and Creative Industries scholarship
- Business scholarship
- Health and Education scholarship
- Law, Criminology and Social Sciences scholarship
- Postgraduate Support Bursary
- Professional Enhancement scholarship
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) scholarship
- The Middlesex University Food Practical Prize
- The SureFoot Solutions Food Safety Dissertation Project Prize
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.