This Sports and Exercise Medicine programme at University College Cork covers the evidence base of the management of sports medicine and musculoskeletal injuries and emphasises the vital role of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic illness/disease.
A Master's-level degree in Sports & Exercise Medicine, from UCC, will open many doors in the world of sports and exercise medicine, from sports injury clinics to developing exercise medicine programmes for the prevention and treatment of chronic disease, and working with sports teams.
Our programme is led by local, national & international experts with active involvement in the HSE and elite sports and exercise medicine settings.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sports Injuries
- Exercise, Physiology and Prescription
- Heath Promotion Strategies
- Research Methods in Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Exercise as Medicine
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 26 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An Honours Medical qualification of the NUI or an equivalent institution, and to be in good standing with their national regulatory body, e.g. the Irish Medical Council or its equivalent or a Second Class Honours Grade I or higher in a primary honours degree (NFQ, Level 8) in Physiotherapy, and membership of /or eligible to be a member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists;
- Applicants who do not meet the normal academic or experience requirements may also be considered under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) following a review of their individual qualifications and experience by the course committee. Admission of such applicants will be subject to the approval of the College of Medicine and Health Executive Committee;
International21900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10130 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.