You will gain the relevant knowledge and skills to become an effective line manager or HR professional and meet the needs of today’s rapidly changing organisations.
Throughout this Human Resource Management course from Aberdeen Business School - Robert Gordon University you will consider issues such as pay and reward, leadership, learning and development and ethics as well as looking at how changing business contexts impact upon the management of people.
The course also takes a look at how HR should contribute to the strategic development of the organisation and how to be an effective HR professional.
We have an online simulated organisation, The Loch View Hotel, which we use for teaching purposes to ensure you have the opportunity to apply theory to a practical situation.
This course offers the opportunity to extend your study by a year to complete a 48 week work placement. Evidence suggests that graduates who can demonstrate relevant work experience have a better chance of securing a graduate level job.
All organisations need to have the right number of people with the right skills at the right time to ensure optimum productivity, hence the importance of skilled people managers and HR practitioners.
Graduates of this course find employment in many diverse industries throughout the world as a result of the knowledge and skills they have gained during the course. Example industries include public and private sectors, energy, hospitality, construction and financial services.
More informationVisit official programme website
Teaching and Assessment
- You will learn through a combination of lectures, seminars and workshop sessions. These comprise of a mix of group study, discussion, simulation and presentations of findings by teams and individuals.
- Access to our virtual learning environment, CampusMoodle, is also provided giving you access from home to learning materials (including videos, e-books and journals).
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 252 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
- Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in any subject discipline.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.