The Livestock Science MSc programme offered at Aberystwyth University remains central to meeting the challenge of food security. Satisfying the demands of food quality and quantity can only be met by the development and implementation of innovative concepts and ideas by suitably well-qualified postgraduates, who will also then drive forward these exciting developments in livestock science and production.
Our graduates often progress to careers in:
- Scientific research
- Scientific publishing
- Laboratory work
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Welfare
- Animal breeding
- Technical Sales
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Grassland Science
- Infection and Immunity
- Livestock Nutrition
- Livestock Production Science
- Research Methods in the Biosciences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Genetics View 94 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in the Biological or Agricultural Sciences or closely related disciplines.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.