The program is offered by the Munich Center of the Learning Sciences (MCLS). The M.Sc. Psychology: Learning Sciences combines fundamental skills and expertise from the fields of psychology and education – and has a clear focus on learning, research and excellence.
The M.Sc. Psychology: Learning Sciences at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich prepares and qualifies students for positions in research on learning. Many graduates choose to continue their studies by registering for the MCLS Doctoral Training Program or other Ph.D. degrees. Others go on to apply their knowledge in the fields of learning, training or evaluation – in both educational institutions and the business world.
- Cognition, Emotion, Learning and Development
- Learning, Instruction
- Training and Technology
- Psychology of Excellence
- Neuro-Cognitive Aspects of Learning and Development
- Approaches in Organizational Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 3 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae with up-to-date information
- A copy of the bachelor’s certificate (or equivalent)
- Transcript of records
- A Prior Knowledge Table which indicates your prior knowledge and experience in the following domains
- Essay (ca. 500 words) in English. It should address which specific skills, qualifications, and interests qualify you as an applicant to study in the Psychology Master’s Program in the Learning Sciences
- An elaborate analysis of a specific article from a scientific journal in accordance with an assessment sheet issued by the Department of Psychology
- Proof of English proficiency of at least Upper B2 Level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for non-native English language speakers
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.