Course Organisation: The MSc course can be undertaken as either a one year full-time or a two-year part-time postgraduate course.
The degree programme is divided into three parts: two semesters of taught courses (September - April inclusive) with an average of 18 lectures per week. A major dissertation is undertaken during the second half of the course (April - September inclusive).
It is possible to work full-time and do the course as a part-time option, providing you have the agreement of your employer.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Civil Engineering Management
- Research Methodology
- (Environmental / Structural / Transport) Engineering Dissertation
- Engineering Hydrology
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
- Environmental Processes and Technology
- Waste and Environmental Management
- Water Quality and Hydrological Modelling
- Water Resource Planning
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Bridge Engineering
- Advanced Concrete Technology
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- A Unified Theory of Structures
- Concrete Durability and Sustainability
- Advanced Theory of Structures
- Transportation Engineering
- Transport Modelling
- Highway Engineering
- Applied Transportation Analysis
- Renewable Energy 1
- Renewable Energy 2
- Modelling of Civil Engineering Systems
- Facade Engineering
- Construction Innovation and Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 31 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Ireland
The entry criteria are an upper second honours degree (or equivalent) in a Civil Engineering or related degree. Relevant industrial experience may be taken into account in allocating places where the course is oversubscribed.General requirement:
- Two academic references (or where appropriate clinical referees)
- Academic transcript(s) which must be certified by the issuing body
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s)
- A recognised certificate of English Language Competency
- Any other qualifications that may be required
International23950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23950 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7978 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7978 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.