The Global Environmental History programme at Uppsala University begins with an introductory multi-disciplinary semester where you will study a range of courses, giving you a good opportunity to tailor the educational programme without losing the broadness required by environmental history. The programme provides a good basis for further research studies, and will enable you to compete on a labour market that increasingly demands broad, interdisciplinary skills of social analysis in the environmental field.
You will attain a Master Degree in Global Environmental History and develop a strong foundation in the chosen disciplines of the collaborating institutions. Within the programme, you are given the opportunity to participate in international student exchange programmes and research networks established by the collaborating departments, and will also be able to undertake fieldwork abroad.
As a graduate you will possess a Master Degree in Global Environmental History, with clear disciplinary affiliations to one or more of the collaborating departments. The programme is especially suited to those looking for future careers in which knowledge of environmental analysis and the analysis of human impact on the environment – or the conditions that nature provides for human communities – is important.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical Ecology
- The Process of Research: Theories and Methods
- Global Environmental History
- Modern natures: conflicts and transformations
- Changing perceptions of humans and nature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory International Development Environmental Sciences View 16 other Masters in International Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be within the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Social Sciences or the Faculty of Science and Technology.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies.
International9962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19924 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.