In addition to providing an in-depth understanding of biological processes and their technical applications, this Biotechnology - Bioengineering interdisciplinary master’s degree programme at Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences in the intersection between natural sciences and engineering also covers a broad spectrum of engineering tools and methods. This will allow graduates to take on challenging tasks in the biotech, pharma, food and chemicals industries, to name just a few.
In this interdisciplinary master's degree programme at the interface between science and engineering, you will not only advance your understanding of biological processes and their engineering applications, you will also become familiar with a broad range of engineering tools and methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Other key information about the degree programme:
- consecutive, based on quality requirements
- high proportion of elective courses (60 %) allows for individualised focus
- programme start possible in summer or winter semester, up to approx. 15 places per semester
- small groups with roughly 10 to 40 participants
- strong practical relevance, opportunities to establish contacts with companies and excellent career prospects
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology View 24 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an appropriate bachelor's degree programme with 210 EC or at least 180 EC plus additional requirements
- Basic knowledge from the previous degree course: biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, process technology and computer science/IT
- Above-average degree results with a minimum overall examination mark of 'good' (above 2.6) or among the top 50%
International258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 129 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 129 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Freising
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.