The industry-branch-independent, phenomena-based approach of the Environmental Engineering programme from University of Oulu provides its students excellent talents to apply their learned skills into the different areas of environmental engineering. The studies contain courses on the processes occurring in the different branches of process industry and on the phenomena related to energy systems and cleaner production methods, and give the students abilities to control, optimize, design and develop processes.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
- Chemical Process Designer
- Environmental Engineer
- Water Plant Engineer
- Development Manager
- Energy Specialist
- Environmental Specialist
- Energy Production Engineer
- Production Manager.
The Master's Programme includes three different study options:
- Industrial Environmental Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Hydrology and Water Management.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 6 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Oulu and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelor’s degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.