Through the Virtual Design and Construction programme at Taylor's University students would be able to gain specialist expertise in managing a digital-enabled design and construction project alongside with the implementation of sophisticated technologies relevant in industrial practice such as Building Information Modelling (BIM), Virtualization and Extended Reality, Autonomous Construction, Predictive Analysis, Cloud and Realtime Collaboration and many more.
It combines internationally renowned academic and industry expertise with intensive practical learning, using state-of-the-art technologies within the university's dedicated computer laboratories and virtual environment facilities. As the nature of the built environment is diverse and multidisciplinary, the topics and contents covered in the programme are suitable and flexible for all industrial players within the built environment.
When you’ve successfully completed this programme, you could advance to any of these exciting careers in virtual design as well as technology and construction, including:
- Private Developer
- Building Consultant
- Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Manager
- BIM Project Manager
- BIM Manager
- BIM Designer/Coordinator
- BIM/VDC Specialist
- Digital Construction Manager/Specialist
- Project Coordinator
- VDC/BIM Specialist
- Registered Construction Project Manager
- Digital Construction Estimation and Scheduling
- Performance Based Design and Simulation
- Parametric Modelling and Design Prototyping
- Simulated Construction Planning and Control
- Virtual Environment and Interactive technology
- Advanced Technologies in Construction
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF)) in the field or related fields with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Higher Education Provider (HEP) Senate;
- or A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
International13387 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13387 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National8696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8696 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National students: RM 38,960
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.