The Molecular Basis of Human Diseases Program at University of Crete has been organized in accordance with international standards for graduate education and capitalizes on the knowledge that has been acquired from the human sequencing project and on the progress that has been made in biomedical sciences both at the basic and the clinical level.
The graduate students of the program are expected to acquire the following skills:
- skills in understanding the basic concepts of molecular medicine
- skills in understanding the basic principles of basic and clinical research methodologies and of biostatistics
- skills in using biomedical data bases
- skills in reviewing the literature and writing review articles on specific subjects
- skill in lab safety and good laboratory practice
- skills in presenting original and review articles to an audience
- skills in following lectures and taking exams in the English language
- skills in writing a research proposal
- skills in conducting original research
- Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases
- Autoimmune/Autoinflamatory/Infectious Diseas
- Neuropsychiatric Diseases
- Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cells
- Molecular and Genetic Basis of Human Disease
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A recent CV
- Certified copy of the BSc or MD degree
- Applicants that hold a BSc or MD degree from a non-Greek University should also submit a certificate of equivalence and/or correspondence of these degrees from the National Academic Recognition Information Center (NARIC ΔΟΑΤΑΠ)of Greece upon registration.
- Transcript of Records
- Any publications in scientific journals (pdf)
- Certificate of the English language (B2 level as a minimal requirement)
- 2 letters of recommendation (to be uploaded to the applications' website by the recommender)
- Any additional documents in support of the application
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.