About Educational Management at Jamia Millia Islamia
The Department of Educational Studies erstwhile, Department of Foundations of Education was carved out of the Teachers College in December 1980. It began with Ph.D. (Education) and M.Ed. and since its inception it has been making constant endeavour to provide education compatible with national and international standards and requirement.Recognizing the challenges and need of education in the country, the department continues to promote innovation through research and teaching programmes and as part of this effort, the M.Phil programme was started in 1983 to enhance the students’ engagement in conducting quality research. Significantly, barring the Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management (PGDEM) which is a self financing programme, all the other programmes in the department are research oriented. The main thrust areas of research studies are teacher education, educational management and administration, psychology of education, cognition and learning, mental health, gender education, ICT and language education. In addition to above, with a view to keeping abreast with the emerging trends of education in the country, the department has launched 3 more programmes i.e. M.A. (Educational Planning and Administration), M.Ed. (Elementary Education) and Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management (PGDEM). Whereas M.A. (Educational Planning & Administration) which was introduced in 1984-85 has planning and administration as its thrust area, M.Ed. (Elementary Education) programme which was launched in 1997 focuses on the complex needs of elementary education. This is an innovative teacher education programme which presents an effective blend of theory and practice.
- Educational Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Education Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Educational Research View 9 other Masters in Educational Research in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Self-attested copies of Marks sheet of class X and XII or any equivalent examination
- Proof of age
- Self-attested copies of Marks sheet of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree
- Copy of the valid passport of parent working abroad
- Copy of valid working visa /work permit/license to work of parent (duly translated in English and selfattested)
- Copy of valid Residence permit/ Iqama (duly translated in English and self-attested).
- Self-attested copy of the Letter from the employer of the parent abroad (not older than 6 month at the time of admission)
- Self-attested Copy of the NRI Status Certificate issued by the Indian Embassy in the concerned country
- AffidavitonRs.10 stamp paper from the parent for financial support (can be submitted at the time of final admission)
- The candidate has to submit “Anti Ragging Affidavit” from Class 1 Gazetted Officer/Notary
International115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 115 EUR per year during 12 months.
National115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 115 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.