The Hindustani Music - Percussion programme at the University of Delhi helps the students acquire theoretical and practical skills and ideas about the chronological development of Tabla/Pakhawaj and their playing techniques, thus giving them a holistic approach in Percussion Music-Tabla/Pakhawaj. Elective courses and project work helps gaining in-depth study on the chosen topic.
- Students study about the notation systems and layakari
- Student understands the basic terminologies of Tala
- Student studies about the ancient Talas
- Students learn to write the various practical compositions according to the notation system
- Applied Theory
- Stage Performance
- Interdisciplinary Approach in Indian Music
- Comparative Study of Hindustani and Karnatak Tala System
- History of Ancient Avanaddha Vadyas
- Aesthetical Analysis of Tal Vadyas
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Document Supporting 12 years of School Education
- Transcripts/ Marksheets and Degrees of academic credentials
- Valid Certificate of TOEFL/Academic IELTS/ELPC
- Proof of financial support for the duration of the Certificate/ Diploma/Under-Graduate/ Post-Graduate/ M.Phil./Ph.D. enrolment.
- Recommendation letter from the parent University
International304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 304 USD per year during 24 months.
National304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 304 USD per year during 24 months.
International students pay the course fee (INR 25000 to 60000) plus:
- INR 48,000 registration fee (one-time)
- INR 18,000 fee (annual)
National: INR 25000 to 60000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.