The English Comparative Literature program at An-Najah National University is a 36-hour course comprising two pathways; dissertation writing and comprehensive exam. Irrespective of the chosen pathway, students have to successfully complete 21 core credit hours.
Graduates of the program will be able to find jobs in the domains of teaching literature at departments of English and schools, in diplomatic and cultural missions, in public relations department, in research institutions, in civil and non-governmental organizations, in ministries of foreign affairs and in embassies. The job market is saturated with graduates from conventional literature, linguistics and translation programs and it is time we respond to the needs of the graduates of Departments of English who have a passion for literature within a world context.
- Transatlantic Studies
- A Special Topic in Literature
- Theorizing Subjectivity and Power
- Romanticism in the Arab Context
- Memory Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 8 other Masters in Language Studies in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.