Nordic Master in Maritime Engineering programme from Aalto University is based on first principles within the design, construction and operation of ships and offshore structures, including their hydrostatics and stability, hydrodynamics, wave and wind loads and structural analyses. Teaching comprises lectures, assignments, workshops and project work. Theory is supported by experimental work and computer simulations are used intensively.
Aalto University’s study track in the programme focuses on passenger ships. This study track gives a comprehensive overview of the different aspects related to the design, analysis and optimisation of passenger ships. Studies cover both basic knowledge as well as the application of risk-assessment methods in ship design. Studies also address the conflicting interests of different stakeholders and students are challenged to create solutions that satisfy stakeholders' demands.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Risks and Safety
- Ship Design Portfolio
- Passenger ships
- Computational Fluid Modelling
- Ice Mechanics
- Fatigue of Structures
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BSc degree corresponding to a minimum 180 ECTS credits in:
- Naval Architecture
- Mechanical engineering
- A BEng in Mechanical Engineering is accepted for starting Aalto University, Chalmers and KTH.
- Applicants with a BEng in Naval Architecture, or a BSc or BEng in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, in Ocean Engineering, in Civil Engineering or in Engineering Physics will be considered on an individual basis.
- The applicant's qualifications must include a strong working knowledge of mathematics and mechanics and applicant must document that they have fulfilled the following minimum requirements:
- Statistics and probability theory
- Statics, mechanical vibrations, and strength of materials
- Fluid mechanics
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.