Through high quality teaching the programme combines hands-on study methods with theory, in order to educate graduates with a variety of skills that correspond to the challenges of future society. As an Aalto University Mechanical Engineering graduate, you will have:
Own specialization in the field. We have teaching in seven different topic groups: Arctic Technology, Engineering Materials, Marine Technology, Mechatronics, Product Development, Production Engineering and Solid Mechanics, which allows you to specialize in one of these fields or to create your combination of skills from different topic groups.
The finished degree in Mechanical Engineering course from Aalto University opens doors to a multitude of career paths in consulting, design, product development, research and management, or to a postgraduate position within Aalto University or elsewhere. Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Master’s programme can work as:
Systems engineers understanding and designing complex systems of different scales, from atomic to global.
Entrepreneurial engineers creating innovative design necessary to develop products, processes and services that are competitive in a global economy.
Engineering scientists conducting basic research, which is necessary to address compelling global challenges such as energy sustainability.
Engineering managers leading global projects and businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Arctic Technology
- Engineering Materials
- Marine Technology
- Product Development
- Production Engineering
- Solid Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.