The Public Health programme at Queen's University Belfast equips students with the knowledge and skills base to pursue a career in public health or other health-related leadership roles.
The curriculum for the MPH at Queen’s is aligned very closely to the syllabus for the professional exams for the UK Faculty of Public Health.
The MPH is designed to introduce students to:
- The 'science' of public health practice: a robust, systematic and evidence-based approach to define and understand population health issues and problems.
- The 'art' of public health practice - interpersonal and organisational skills to work in partnership with others; influence decisions; support implementation of policy, programmes or interventions; and effect real change. It aims to identify optimal solutions for health gain within available resources.
MPh (T) Public Health Highlights
There has been a Medical School at Queen’s University Belfast since 1849
The partnership with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences provides opportunity to study in the USA. This 4-year Doctoral Training Programme (DTP) provides students the opportunity to undertake a postgraduate taught programme in Year 1 at QUB (refer to link below for full list of programmes), followed by a PhD at NCI in Years 2-4.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Public Health Sciences
- Determinants & Improvement of Health
- Medical Statistics
- Health & Social Care Systems
- Health Protection
- Public Health Skills in Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 759 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a health-related subject is required. Evidence of equivalent professional qualifications (MBBS, BDS or BVSc) or experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.