Managing sustainability is one of the most challenging and rapidly growing areas in both the public and private sectors. With increasing recognition of the impact of a world living beyond its means, the commitment to sustainable development to meet the needs of present generations without jeopardising those of the future has never been more apparent.
The programme fosters critical thinking and promotes the use of initiative for problem solving and decision-making in sustainable development.
Leadership For Sustainable Development Highlights
The Leadership for Sustainable Development programme at Queen's University Belfast of three eight-week placements in the NGO, governance and business and finance sectors can be carried out locally or internationally.
These aim to help students become sustainable development 'champions' who can identify and address problems of sustainability in innovative ways and further mainstream sustainable development across all sectors and at all levels.
The year-long group project requires several students to work with an organisation of their choice to explore sustainable solutions to a specific problem.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Students will be introduced to leadership and sustainable development over three taught modules to help gain an overview of the principles and values of sustainable development, and why it is important.
- Leadership for Sustainable Development: explores theories and practices of leadership and project management in the context of sustainable development.
- Foundations for Sustainable Development 1 & 2: considers core themes, policies and strategies underpinning sustainable development.
- Effective Leadership (Group Project): requires a small group of students to engage over the year in a project of their choice to promote sustainable development through 'experiential learning'.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Development View 1368 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Submission of a portfolio and/or interview may be required.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.