The aims of the Environmental Engineering degree at Queen's University Belfast include to develop the intellectual, practical, and professional skills of students in the critical acquisition, analysis, interpretation and understanding of environmental engineering principles and issues in preparation for:
- a career in the environmental, consultancy, regulatory, management, and engineering industry
- a position of leadership early in that career
- further study
- life-long learning and an appreciation of the value of Environmental Engineering to a sustainable society
The programme provides a suitable background for careers in environmental engineering, monitoring, management and consultancy, and it establishes a basis for interdisciplinary research to a higher level. Past graduates have found employment with a wide range of employers, eg environment regulatory agencies, civil engineering and specialist contractors as well as engineering and environmental consultancies in the UK, Ireland and abroad.
Queen's postgraduates reap exceptional benefits. Unique initiatives, such as Degree Plus and Researcher Plus bolster our commitment to employability, while innovative leadership and executive programmes alongside sterling integration with business experts helps our students gain key leadership positions both nationally and internationally.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Land & Water Quality
- Engineering Hydrology & Hydrogeology
- Assessment of Environmental Impacts
- Computer Modelling of Contaminants
- Thesis Project
- Introduction to Renewable Energies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 74 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a relevant Engineering/Science discipline, e.g. Civil Engineering. Applicants must also demonstrate sufficient mathematical background (a minimum of A-level standard or equivalent) however undergraduate courses with a high mathematical content, e.g. Statistics, will be considered on a case-by case-basis.
- A 2.1 Honours degree or above, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University, is required for those with an insufficient mathematical background.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.