The English - Creative Writing programme at Queen's University Belfast is designed to equip students to use their literary talents to the best of their ability, encourage development as independent writers and self-reflective lifelong learners, and provide them with a broad understanding of the literary marketplace and of the commercial aspects of literary production.
English - Creative Writing Highlights
Creative Writing students are taught by experienced novelists, playwrights and screenwriters. They attend workshops with visiting authors, publishers, editors and agents, and have a number of opportunities to present their work, including at the Common Ground postgraduate conference held each year by the School of English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Writing: Craft and Technique
- Dissertation: Creative Writing
- Creative Writing Workshops
- Scriptwriting: creative writing
- Fiction: creative writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise you to apply as early as possible, particularly for those courses where there is a high demand for places.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Creative Writing View 536 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in any discipline. Exceptions may be made in the case of applicants with a strong track record of publication, production, prize-winning or relevant professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £6,450
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £6,450
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £7,250
- EU Other £17,700
- International £17,700
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.