About Physics at University of MinhoIt is intended to train people to carry out research activities, fundamental or applied, in research centers or in industries and services with a high level of innovation.The Master in Physics has a single course with only four obligatory and transversal UCs, and a wide variety of options.Options can be grouped into three areas:
- High energies and gravitation
- Quantum materials
- Functional materials
The master's dissertation can be carried out within the scope of three research centres: the CFUM, the LIP and the INL.
Professionals prepared by this Master will be able to join research teams from centers such as CFUM, LIP and INL and in industries and services with a high level of innovation.It is natural that a large part of the graduates of this master's degree continue their training in Physics or in similar areas in one of the doctoral courses, such as the MAP-Fis.
- Advanced Methods of Experimental Research
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Experimental Particle and Astroparticle Physics
- Lasers and Nonlinear Optics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 12 other Masters in Mathematics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Pre-Registration procedure
- Fill in the application form
- Learning Agreement for Studies, which needs to be signed and dated by the student and home institution [preferably, the template to be uploaded should be of the Online Learning Agreement (OLA), in case it is not possible to use this template, alternatively, the use of the template made available by UMinho or Home Institution is accepted] (pdf format)
- Copy of ID card/Passport (pdf format)
- Home Transcript of Records (pdf format)
- Photo (jpeg format; max. 45kb)
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Braga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.