The International Master of Applied Psychology Program (IMAP) at Tsinghua University is an international program committed to training new international psychology talents majoring in Engineering Psychology, especially for those are interested in Ergonomics, Social Psychology and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and User Experience, in line with the development needs of science and technology of China, countries along the Belt and Road and other Developed Countries in Western Countries.
The goal and orientation of IMAP are closely related to the needs of top innovative talents for social development. It follows Tsinghua’s visionary goal of “Ranking a number of disciplines or discipline groups at the top in the world by integrating the strength of preponderant disciplines and characteristics and potentials of related disciplines”.
Based on psychology, and combining with interdisciplines including Computer Science, Industrial Engineering and Design, this program trains students with the psychological skills and basic academic knowledge that are essential for “future elites”, fostering core competitiveness for the worldwide advent of the era of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Advanced Psychology Research Methods
- Developmental Psychology
- Advanced Psychological Statistics
- Advanced Psychometrics
- Writing and Presentation in Psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens holding a foreign passport.
- Applicants shall have a degree equivalent to a Chinese Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants shall be of good character, and be willing to abide by Chinese laws and regulations and the rules and regulations of Tsinghua University.
- Personal statement
- Degree certificate
- Academic transcript
- Two academic recommendation letters (Letters of recommendation in English or Chinese)
- Personal information page in passport
- English Language Proficiency Test Certificate (optional)
International10649 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21299 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
RMB 148,000/Full Program
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.