Longevity, policies and social change
The interdependencies between policies, welfare institutions, populations’ dynamics and individual lives are at the heart of this programme. It offers a broad curriculum in policy-oriented ageing research and addresses several policy areas such as the welfare state, life- course policies, pensions, health and care, family, and intergenerational relations. Teachers from a range of academic backgrounds will enable you to acquire a globally attractive and unique education. Together we will seek answers to the complex questions facing society today with regards to both individual and population ageing. As a student on the new Ageing and Social Change at Linköping University, you will gain a broad understanding of the relationships between longevity and social change through a truly interdisciplinary perspective, combining up-to-date research and methodology.
- Ageing and Social Change as Interdisciplinary Social Science
- Social Structure, Inequality, and Exclusion in an Ageing World
- Policies and Policy Consulting in the Ageing Society
- Future Perspectives of Ageing and Social Change
- Ageing, Welfare, and the Sustainability of Societies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Health Sciences View 30 other Masters in Health Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Linköping University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen within political science, international relations, economics, history, geography, law, sociology and other social sciences.
- English corresponding to the level of English in Swedish upper secondary education (English 6/B).
International7712 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15424 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 160,000 SEK
Living costs for Linköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.