About Development Studies at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
Ensuring sustainable development requires not only an in-depth knowledge of how the society functions but also the understanding of past and current development processes and practices. With several possible developmental pathways, one has to ensure that the choices made are informed, given the fact that resources are scarce. The MA Programme in Development Studies at IIT Mandi aims to create a pool of development practitioners and/or academics, who will be well equipped to participate in the process of such informed decision making.
The location of the Institute also provides the programme with a unique opportunity to deal with development challenges in the Indian Himalayan Region, which has local, regional and global relevance. While the programme is offered by the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, participation of faculty from Engineering and Basic Sciences through teaching and guiding projects make the programme truly interdisciplinary. It also helps students to learn basic scientific and technological underpinning of some of the developmental challenges and their existing remedies. The graduates of this programme will be equipped to pursue further academic research and will have high job prospects in national and international development agencies.
- History of Development Thought
- Indian Social Structure and Development
- Information Technology and Development
- Natural Resource and Development
- Planning, Welfare and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Development in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students are admitted to undergraduate courses (four-year Bachelor of Technology) through an All-India entrance known as Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by all the IIT's, at various centres across the country.
- Duplicate Provisional Certificate.
- Certified copy of the Degree Certificate
- Duplicate Degree Certificate
- Additional Transcript
- Duplicate Grade Card
- Verification of Degree Certificate, Transcript, Grade Card, JEE Rank, Bonafide Certificate, Membership of any Institute body, etc
- Duplicate Identity Card
- Bonafide Student Certificate
- Certificate of medium of instruction in English
International122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 5000 Rupees per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.