About Electric Transportation at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
India, along with several other rapidly growing economies, has recognized the imminent need for electrification of transport systems. The benefit derived from this transition will two-fold: first, it will help the country to reduce the dependence on fossil fuel that is primarily imported and has significant budgetary implications; second, with a penetration of clean fuel and renewables in the electricity generation sector, this transition will be able to contribute to mitigation of greenhouse emissions. To this end, the Government (GoI) of India has already put schemes, e.g., FAME, in action, and is actively looking for collaboration with the relevant industries and academia. While the industry is expected to focus on the production and distribution of electric vehicles, the responsibility of training the manpower for this cause is assigned to the academia.
- Power Electronic Applications in Electric Transportation
- Electrical Machine and Drives in Electric Transportation
- Vehicle Design and Dynamics
- Modeling, Simulation and Control of HEV
- Laboratory course on Vehicle Design and Control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 36 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Computer Application and who have qualified and have a valid score in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) are eligible to apply for admission.
- For all B.Techs from IITs graduated with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE qualification is waived off.
International122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 5000 Rupees per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.