The master’s program Research on Teaching and Learning from Technical University of Munich enables educationalists, psychologists, but also teacher training students access to a deepening scientific education.
Students explore key theories, concepts, methods and findings of empirical educational research and focus on teaching and learning in a variety of educational contexts.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- Science career at universities or research institutions
- Foundations: management, project coordination, evaluation management,
- University administration: quality management and development of quality in research and teaching
- Scientific organizations: program directors and referents, evaluation management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first section of the master’s program, you extend and complete your basic competencies of your bachelor‘s program regarding scientific work in empirical educational research (modules 1-3). With modules 4,5 you learn to transfer your competencies regarding the analysis of educational institutions and the levels of requirements and processes of teaching and learning.
- In the second section (modules 6-8), a specialized education regarding different fields of application of educational sciences with focus on teaching and learning follows. All modules contain theoretical principles, methodical techniques and application in project activities.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 7 other Masters in Educational Research in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.