About Biotechnology at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
Being present in the Himalayas, it aims to utilize the diverse resources easily available in the region to fulfil the above-mentioned goals. Motivated by the goals, IIT Mandi is committed to intensify academic teaching, research and development in several areas of BioX. M. Tech in Biotechnology programme is mainly initiated with the goal to train the next generation of students with cutting edge knowledge and skills suitable towards biotechnological research and Bio-industry needs such as biomedical/biopharma etc.
The curriculum of M.Tech in Biotechnology programme at IIT Mandi is directed towards fundamental and practical understanding of the core biotechnology areas along with specialized fields in “Systems Biology” and “Medical and Nano-biotechnology”. In addition, elective courses from other disciplines provide interdisciplinary exposure to the students. The core-subjects, specialized theme areas of BioX, electives from other schools, hands on laboratory training along with the Thesis project component to be undertaken in-house/ other R&D institutes/ industries will enrich students with right skills required in the current Job market both in academia and industries, on completion of the program.
- Cell physiology in Health and Disease
- Quantitative and Computational Biology
- Cellular Bioprocess Technology
- Analytical Biotechniques
- Molecular Biotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Computer Application and who have qualified and have a valid score in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) are eligible to apply for admission.
- For all B.Techs from IITs graduated with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE qualification is waived off.
International122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National122 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 5000 Rupees per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.