The Bar-Ilan University Physics department was founded by Moshe Jammer, an Israel Prize recipient and colleague of Albert Einstein. It has since grown and expanded and is now known for its leadership role in solid-state physics, quantum optics, nanoscience, and statistical physics. It is part of several interdisciplinary centers such as the Nanotechnology Center, the Quantum Technology Center (QUEST), and the Data Science and Network Research Center.
The department offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD programs conducted in English. Graduate studies involve course work together with independent research carried out under the supervision of a faculty member from the department. The specific research topics are determined on an individual basis by the student’s advisor.
Major research areas include Biophysics, Complex systems, Nano-Physics, Quantum Optics, Solid State Physics, Statistical Physics, and Astrophysics.The Physics program from Bar Ilan University includes conducting research and submitting a written thesis.
- The department offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD programs conducted in English. Graduate studies involve course work together with independent research carried out under the supervision of a faculty member from the department.
- The specific research topics are determined on an individual basis by the student’s advisor.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 4 other Masters in Mathematics in Israel
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students are encouraged to apply to, and are warmly welcomed at, the Physics department. Scholarships are available for highly qualified candidates.
- Physics course of study: Bachelor’s degree in Physics with a grade average of at least 80%.
- Biophysics course of study: Bachelor’s degree in Biophysics with a grade average of at least 80%. Those with a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Life Sciences may be accepted with complementary studies that will be defined based on the research specialization track.
National4024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4024 USD per year during 24 months.
Tuition for foreign students is 25% above the base tuition for Israeli master`s degree students.
Living costs for Ramat Gan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.