While designing the syllabi, the Department of English at the International Islamic University Islamabad has tried to strike a harmonious balance between Literature and Language; subjects like Creative Writing, Developing Writing Skills, Effective Communication, Linguistics, Phonology, ESP, Translation Skills, etc provide that necessary balance between Language and Literature. In order to cultivate a more encompassing and analytical approach towards literature, subjects like Comparative Literature, Pakistani Literature in English, Narrative Discourse, Corpus Linguistics, Islam and Modern Western Thoughts, have also been introduced in the degree programmes.
One of the distinguishing features of studying English in our department is our cosmopolitan outlook. We have around 150 students from over 10 countries, which means whichever module you take, you will have the opportunity to study and share ideas with intelligent and passionate individuals from around the globe. In addition, the department has strong links with North Carolina University in the USA and the University of Birmingham in the UK; students will have the opportunity during their course to visit these institutions.
- Poetry (1500-1850)
- Classical Drama
- Pakistani Literature in English
- Literary Criticism: From Plato to Eliot
- Islam and Modern Western Thought
- Literary Theory and Practice
- World Literature in English Translation
- Postcolonial Literature
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 16 Years Graduate Degree in BS (English) or MA with CGPA 2.5/4.00 or 60% marks from Annual/Conventional System where CGPA is not calculated or 65% marks in the semester system examination, where CGPA is not mentioned on terminal degree/transcript.
- Application fee (US $75); attach copy of deposit slip / challan or Bank Draft or Pay Order with application form favoring IIU Islamabad
- Passport size photographs with blue background
- Copy of Passport Residential Permit (Eqama), Overseas ID card, NOC of /o Foreign Affairs or Your Embassy in Pakistan
- Three copies of duly filled government of Pakistani Permission form (Students’ Information Sheet)
- Verified educational documents (all degree/certificates)
- Valid Passport / Valid Study Visa
International544 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 272 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National544 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 272 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.